Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Journey - Day 3

Wow, what a spectacular day today. I started off in Whangarei, left at just after 9am. Just cruised up the country. It was such nice weather. Stopped in Kaikohe to get a cheeseburger and then stopped at Kaitaia for a Subway. Also picked up a cd to listen to on my way... Just out of Kaitaia, I turned off to go check out 90 mile beach. Was so surprised to see the 100km/hr speed limit on the beach. It made me smile. Ate my lunch and then cruised up to Cape Reinga. On the way I noticed a sign to Spirits Bay, and decided I would check it out on my way back. Spent a while up the top. It was so nice to hear the waves crashing and a gentle breeze. Wasn’t cold though. Just lovely. Didn’t realise so many people travelled up there too. I got in a bit of writing and then carried on because it was almost three in the afternoon.

On the way back down the country I got to take my lil Nissan for a rally. What a fun drive I had today, went on a dirt and gravel road down to Spirits Bay... It was fun as. Got a few giggles out of it. Crazy winding roads though!!

After that I just drove to Laurens mums house in Taipa... A total of 472kms for the day!! I had such a lovely time just talking and listening to another view. And it was such an understanding view. No personal opinion on it, just facts and what its like in a small town. I felt really inspired. It felt really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment