Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Poetry paper - first wk

1. I started with “I set up home inside my dreams” and I came up with this...

A beautiful home in a gorgeous small town,
With twinkling water, it is heaven all around,
I feel so happy, I feel so alive,
I feel like I’m soaring, right up through the skies

2. But nothing can change the way that I went...

In my life before kids
I couldn’t complain,
I had clothes, I had money,
life was a game,

There was shopping and cars,
I spent so much on shoes,
There was travelling and nightlife,
there was money for booze,

I lived in big cities,
I was living a dream,
Then I chose to have kids,
I didn’t know what that’d mean,

It meant going back home,
It meant settling down,
I found it so difficult,
I hated that old town,

First I had Noah,
born June, 2007,
He was my angel,
sent straight from heaven,

Aaliyah was my second,
born at the end of 2008,
She was born to a family
broken, filled with hate,

I had to make a change,
we had to get out,
so I made a big decision,
we moved to the Mount,

There we spent 2009 focused on healing,
Then in 2010 I started to get a feeling,
I needed a change, to get into a dream,
Paihia called me, it had to be seen

So off on a road trip
to follow my heart,
Which moved us to Paihia,
we made a fresh start,

And now it feels as though I’ve found a home,
More happy and content than I’ve ever known,
Now my life with kids is sometimes insane,
But life is so perfect, and I can’t complain.

3. The room closes around me

I feel the darkness around me,
I want to get out,
Is this a bad dream?
How did this come about?

My kids won’t stop fighting,
I don’t know what to do,
I’m feeling quite miserable,
It feels darker than blue,

I want to escape,
this thing called depression,
I’d rather create,
I like making an impression,

So I open the door,
And light filters in,
Something has changed,
I am happy within,

The darkness has gone,
The days are so bright,
I love my new home,
My lounge is filled with light.

No comments:

Post a Comment