Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Opps... what a busy month

Ok... so I haven't posted in ages...

But I have a good excuse now. I have just moved to Paihia, Bay of Islands and am living my dream. I am studying full time WRITING!! So my kids go to day care and I am writing and reading during the day... So its time to catch up on some posts I think... And I am going to post my stuff from my poetry paper I think!!

Awesomeness...

So heres what happened... I did my little trip up here. On the 24th was when I arrived here. I made a deal with the universe, with God, whatever you want to call it. It had been forcast for rain for the past three days of my travels, and hadn't yet rained, but it was due to the next day. So I said, if you put on a stunning day for me I will trust that everything will be ok, and I will move.

The 25th was a stunning day. So I made my choice. I called mum to say I was moving to Paihia and that she would no doubt have someone contact her about the house soon. The next day a family contacted her, they were moving over from Germany...

They came and looked at the house the next week, around the 7th of July. And then they said they wanted to move in by the 17th!! So I ran around like a complete crazy packing up the house in just over a week... to move to Paihia, just no idea where yet. The moving truck arrived on the 16th and all my stuff was packed into the truck. Officially homeless... I partied out in Tauranga on the Saturday night, and couldn't drive on the Sunday. So I drove to Paihia on the Monday. The 19th of July.

I walked through Paihia Mall and looked at the community notice boards. And found a three bedroom place, with SEA VIEWS. I rang about it straight away and fell in love straight away. I moved in that Wednesday, the 21st July!! Absolutely insane. I got everything unpacked in just over a week and the kids arrived on the 29th of July. I enrolled in my course on the 6th of August and here I am. Now a full time student. Studying the thing I love the most.

So I will try and keep posting my work... I am particularly enjoying this poetry paper. So fingers x'd all goes well for me!!

So happy and so excited... I am living the dream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment